The University of Kashmir is empowered to make centralized Admissions in B.EdProgramme vide High Court Order [Petition No: 879/1996] dated 24-07-1997 in a case of Ms. Anita Kumari v/s Principal, Government College of Education, Shastri Nagar, Jammu. The right of the University to make admissions was subsequently reinforced by the Govt. Order No.228-HE of 2003 dated 19.06.2003.
• The admission shall be made by an Admission Committee to be constituted by the Vice Chancellor from time to time. The said committee would monitor whole process of B.Ed Admissions from receipt and processing of Application Forms to the issuance of admission lists to the B.Ed Colleges of Kashmir division.
• No Private College of Education in Kashmir division is competent to admit students on its own or on behalf of the University of Kashmir from within or outside its approved intake.
• No private B.Ed. college or agency is empowered to have any role in the admission process of B.Ed. programme;
• The candidates seeking admissions on their own in the private B.Ed Colleges shall do so on their own risk and responsibility. The University bears no responsibility for such unauthorized admissions and consequences emanating there from;
• All admissions to B.Ed. course in Non-Government Colleges shall be provisional and subject to verification by the University and the respective colleges;
• If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of the prospectus or in dealing with a situation not envisaged in the statues the matter shall be referred to the Vice- Chancellor who shall issue such order as he may deem fit under the circumstances; and
• All legal disputes relating to the admission of candidate in B.Ed. course in affiliated colleges shall be subjected to jurisdiction of Srinagar courts only.
Medium of Instruction & Examination
English shall be the medium of instruction and examination excepting in the Modern Indian Languages, and also where the candidates desire writing answer scripts in Hindi.
Documents to be attached with the Auto-generated Application Forms
(i) Matriculation or its equivalent as proof of Date of birth
(ii) Mark certificate of the Graduation
(iii) Marks certificateof Post -graduation if applicable
(iv) Character Certificate given by the Principal of the College last attended/ Head of the Institution presently studying or any Gazeetted Officer
(v) Category Certificate issued by the competent authority as per the latest SRO
(vi) State Subject Certificate (for local candidates only)
(vii) Affidavit duly attested by the Ist class Judicial Magistrate to the effect that the candidate is neither any employee nor any student anywhere else in the Government/Semi-government institution or organization; and